It’s mind-boggling how much we can learn from nature, yet we simply never get the opportunity. But, don’t you want your children to experience, explore, and appreciate the miracle that is nature. The following best illustrates the gratitude for nature we must all develop.
Benefits of Nature for Children
There’s a litany of research that supports the positive role that nature has on children. Some benefits include:
- Exposure to natural environments improves children’s cognitive development by improving their awareness, reasoning and observational skills (Pyle 2002).
- Nature buffers the impact of life’s stresses on children and helps them deal with adversity. The greater the amount of nature exposure, the greater the benefits (Wells & Evans 2003).
This program is all about learning from nature by hugging nature riding on a bicycle.
About the Program
The tour takes your child through low-traffic, low population density areas, water bodies and farming fields. The cycling aspect of the route is about 20 to 30 kms, depending on the age of the child.
By doing this program, your child will learn many key skills, some which are:
- Develop a respect nature
- Appreciate diversity of species and harmony
- Develop a new perception
- Inculcate observation skills
Since it is cycling tour, your child will also benefit from the exercise and have a sense of achievement at the end of the program. After all cycling this distance is not easy and not only requires self-belief, but also positive thinking!
How to Book
What you need to attend: A fully functioning bike.
- Where: Meeting point Sector 6 Market, Dwarka
- When: Winter Weekends (November to January)
- Program Duration: Early Morning
- Eligibility: School children 13 years or above.
- Support Vehicle: No
- Contact: Trip Leader, Rupen – 9810896234
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my child has a puncture?
Answer: Your child will learn to fix a puncture.
What if my child gets tired?
Answer: We take a break and talk about nature.
Doesn’t Delhi have too much traffic to cycle? Isn’t it dangerous?
Answer: Yes, cycling in Delhi is dangerous. However, the route is chosen such that there is little to no traffic. Remember the point is for your child appreciate nature, hence wherever there is traffic, we do not ride. However, after taking care of all the risks, know that there is are risks in this outdoor activity and you will be expected to sign an agreement before sending your child for this activity.